You are searching about What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday, today we will share with you article about What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday is useful to you.
How to Succeed Without Extraordinary Talents
“When the Boise State football team takes the field, they know why they’re there and what they have to do to succeed.” This is what the former BSU football coach had to say as we discussed the presentations I gave his extremely talented team compared to Western Athletic Conference (VAC) teams.
One clarification, talent has its place in life and people who are talented and use their talents well succeed in extraordinary ways. What I want to make clear is that you can succeed in what you do even if you have no talent.
I have given numerous motivational speeches and training sessions for players and coaches at BSU since 1998. After the above statement, I began to pay attention to the key aspects of individuals that did not require talent, but led to tremendous success in professional and personal endeavors.
My involvement with BSU Football is one of the greatest experiences of my life. Why shouldn’t a Kenyan who comes to the US with zero soccer knowledge, then reads about it in the paper and asks the coach to let him talk to the team about winning, focus, teamwork, staying away from drugs and other destructive things on the field? Today, I’m probably the only human being with several coaching uniforms (from several schools) for a sport I had no idea how to play when I first talked to the BSU team. Let me add that in 2003, after the team won several conference championships and bowl games; I was honored to be chosen as their grand marshal for the Homecoming game.
What intrigues me, however, is the level of performance of the BSU football team, year after year. VAC teams don’t have the deep pockets to compete for talent against top football teams. But Boise State football players have what it takes for individuals to succeed in life even if they don’t have notable talents.
1. Passion for learning. In 2002, the team had just won the conference championship when one of the players said, “Even the champions can get better” as they prepared for the bowl game. Players on this team are coachable. Stand in front and you can see and feel them soak up every piece of wisdom or practical advice you share. You don’t need talents to learn. What you need is the desire to learn and the discipline to apply the information learned.
2. Ability to learn from all available sources. How many coaches there would risk having someone who has no idea how to play football talk to their team? “Even though you’ve never played football, your understanding of how a team must function as one to be successful is incredibly accurate,” Arizona State head football coach Dirk Koetter wrote after one of my presentations. The advice you need for something you’re passionate about can come from unexpected sources.
3. Invest in growth. When was the last time you attended a seminar or read a book that you didn’t need for work? When was the last time you took someone you want to learn from out to breakfast or dinner? Time is very important in football. Having someone come and speak for an hour is a huge investment. You must invest in your mental, physical and spiritual growth.
4. Self-initiative. This comes with extra decorations… taking responsibility for one’s choices, decisions and actions, and putting together a plan to achieve one’s goals. You would be impressed to see young men, in their late teens and early twenties, doing what they need to do without being asked. It never takes talent to be self-motivated and do what needs to be done before you are asked.
5. Flexibility. What talent should a person change? Some players excelled at certain positions while in high school. However, for their own growth and the success of the team, they learn skills for different positions. Change is the currency that will buy you a piece of the future in a world that is changing faster than ever before. No talent required.
6. Courage to try. I worked with the team several times before I knew who was who and how they joined the team. Brock Forsey, the standout player was an undrafted, non-scholarship player, but the coaches let him join the team after watching a demo video. Brock was one of the best players the school has ever had. Millions never reach their potential because they lack the courage to step into potential opportunities.
7. Moving away from distractions. It doesn’t take talent to break away from habits and activities that take your focus and effort away from what you love. This starts with the associates you retain. In order to succeed, you need to have people around you who are positively investing in their own future.
8. Persistence. Our last child is called persistence. It doesn’t take talent, education, money or family connections to be persistent. Is your goal important to you? Does it help you live a better life? So why give up?
9. Be humble. While I have seen these players at team meetings, I rarely recognize them when they come to the classes I teach at BSU. They just blend in with the other students. Humility does not require talent.
Video about What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday
You can see more content about What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday
If you have any questions about What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday
What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday
way What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday
tutorial What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday
What Time Is The Bsu Football Game On Saturday free
#Succeed #Extraordinary #Talents